Will Portugal defeat Netherlands and pass to quarterfinals? Portugal National Team will play their last match in Group B against Netherlands National Team, Portugal vs Netherlands match is an important match for both of them. Their last match will be held in Metalist Stadium, Kharkiv, on Sunday, 17 June 2012.
For Netherlands, the match will be their last chance to go to quarterfinals, although their possibility is the lowest among teams in group C. Netherlands did not get point yet from their last two match, they were defeated by Denmark 0-1 and lost to Germany in the second match with score 1-2. But they still have chance to pass group stage if they win against Portugal, Denmark were defeated by Germany and Netherlands have greater margin goal than Denmark.
Whereas for Portugal, victory over Netherlands will led to quarterfinals if Denmark lose or defeat Germany with less than or equal to Portugal score. Portugal placed the second place with 3 points, they had same point and goals with Denmark, but they won head to head match against Denmark in Group B second match with score 3-2.
Will Portugal defeat Netherlands and pass to quarterfinals?
Netherlands have chance to establish negatif record if they lose to Portugal and do not pass from group stage. Whereas Portugal had good record when they played against Netherlands.
These are some facts between Portugal and Netherlands :
- Netherlands just defeated Portugal once from the last 10 matches. The victory happened in qualification of Euro 1992 in October 1991.
- Portugal won six times, two of which happened in big tournament, in Euro 2004 and World Cup 2006, and the other matches ended with tie score.
- In the 10 matches, Netherlands never scored goal into Portugal goal post.
- Their match in World Cup 2006 equaling a record, 16 yellow card which led to 4 red card (two cards for each team)
- For last five big tournament, the Portugal vs Netherlands match in Euro 2012 will be the third match